Temporary Housing & Assistance



Project Touch- Process: Interested party must call and complete a telephone intake. Director will review intake information and the potential client will be notified if they meet the criteria and room is available. Participants must be clean and sober, cannot be listed on the Megan’s Law registry, have ever been arrested for crimes against children, or have committed sexual offenses. Participants must be med compliant if they have a diagnosed mental health condition. Project Touch has two programs: Emergency Shelter: Women and children can stay up to 21 days free of charge. Transitional/Shared Housing: Single individuals and families live in shared housing, costs range from $420 for a single individual and up to $750 for a large family per month.

2036 Moraga Rd. Temecula, CA 92591




Temecula HELP Center - connects at-risk and underserved populations within the City of Temecula to resources and services to improve the safety, health, and quality of life to increase the likelihood of success for their entire family.

Hours of Operation:

Tuesdays or Thursdays - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Monday, Wednesday, Friday - By appointment only

28922 Pujol Street Temecula, Ca 92595

(951) 240-4242



City Net Homeless Outreach Team Riverside County - Provides resources and assistance in finding shelter.

(714) 451-6198

Need assistance? Visit http://citynet.org/contact-us/get-help/



Valley Restart – Process: Interested party must meet with the program Director during the hours of 9:00-12:00 Monday-Friday to determine program eligibility for the program. Participants cannot be on parole or have a current warrant and it is a drug and alcohol free facility. The participant cannot be a past violent offender or have his/her name on the Megan’s Law registry. The participants may have a vehicle, but no pets - service animals are welcome.

Hemet 200 E. Menlo Ave. Hemet, CA 92543

(951) 766-7476



Salvation Army - Emergency Shelter, transitional housing, food & Nutrition Programs, emergency financial assistance, disaster services.

340 S. Palm Avenue Hemet, CA 92543




Lake elsinore

Homeless Task Force - Homeless and want help?


Set Free Ministry 18569 Process: Interested party must call and complete a phone intake. There are two facilities, a men’s and woman’s facility. Participants must agree to an initial two-month stay, and then continue to the second phase if needed. No pain or psychotropic medications are permitted at the ranch. If the participant is using substances, they will have to withdraw at the ranch with no medical attention. Sexual offenders or arsonists will not be permitted to participate in the program. Faith based. Men’s Ranch: (951) 849-3678 Women’s Ranch: (951) 849-1211.

Grand Ave, Lake Elsinore, CA



SWAG - Social Action Network teams assist with homelessness

(833) 792-4674

His Light on the Hill - Process: Interested party must call for a phone intake. Administration will determine eligibility and provide directives. There is a one-year minimum commitment and all participants must be employable. Potential participants cannot have past evictions for arson or lewd acts with children. If the participant is using substances, they will have to withdraw at the ranch with no medical attention. No psychotropic or injectable medications allowed.

Hacienda House 1040 Tepee Lane Perris, Ca 92570

(951) 657-3041 



Homeless Solutions - Riverside County Assistance

(800) 464-1123

Riverside Homeless Outreach Team (951) 826-2200

H.H.O.P.E Program Riverside University Health Systems-Behavioral Health - Provides housing resources and services for individuals/families and referrals for Veteran’s with mental health concerns.

1405 Spruce Street Riverside, CA 92507

(951) 715-5050



Path of Life Ministries - Emergency and Transitional Housing. Process: Interested party must call the Hotline (951) 462-9822 to pre-register. Once there is availability, the potential client will be invited to meet with a Case Manager for an intake assessment. If accepted into the program, they will be housed either at the Community Shelter or at the Family Shelter. Faith based. Family Shelter Program for families, individual men and women/pets.

Intake is Monday, Wednesday & Friday 12:30 p.m - 1 p.m

2530 3rd St. Riverside, CA 92507

(951) 275-8755

(951) 683-4101



Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HRPR) - Provides utility and rental assistance when funding is available

Riverside County Housing Authority - 5555 Arlington Ave. Riverside, CA 92504


Teen Challenge of Southern California - Process: Mandatory intakes for both men and women are held the first and third Wednesday of each month at 8 A.M. sharp. Interested party should arrive early and bring identification and their social security card if possible. Once the interview is complete, the potential client will be provided with a medical packet. A full physical including blood work and a TB test will be required ( Interested party should obtain Medi-Cal or private insurance coverage). Once the information from the physical is received by the Teen Challenge administration, the potential client will be contacted. If approved, the client will either enter the program or be placed on a waiting list. The program is a mandatory one-year program. After successfully completing the first year, the client can opt for a four-month apprenticeship program. Clients with current substance abuse are advised to detox before entering the program, or will have to go through withdrawals in the program. Clients with mental health conditions will not be allowed to take medications while in the program. Sexual offenders must contact Teen Challenge- Watsonville @ (831)724-9576 for information on entering the program at that location. Faith based.

5445 Chicago Ave. Riverside, CA 92507

(951) 682-8990

(951) 683-4241



Operation SafeHouse - provides Emergency Shelter, Intervention and Outreach Services to Youth in Crisis.

(800) 561-6944

(951) 351-4418




Lighthouse Social Service Centers - Transitional, permanent, and rapid-rehousing for Veterans and families. Other services include: Outreach, Case Management, Assistance obtaining VA and public benefits and Limited Temporary financial assistance, which includes, but is not limited to:

  1. Rental assistance

  2. Utility-fee payment assistance

  3. Housing location assistance

  4. Moving assistance

1003 E. Cooley Dr Ste 205,
Colton. California 92324

(951) 571-3533




Corona Rescue Mission - Process: Interested party must meet with a Case Manager for an assessment. The potential clients will be screened for eligibility for the appropriate program. The Case Manager is available Monday- Friday from 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. *Transitional Housing: One and two bedroom apartments. *Transitional Living: There is a two- year commitment, the individual must test clean from all substances, cannot have outside income initially, (Social Security beneficiaries may qualify though), potential participants cannot have past evictions for arson or sexual offenses. Faith based.

420 W. Harrison St. Corona, CA 92880

(951) 493-2091

(951) 279-1300



Off the Streets Huntington Beach  This organization serves Orange County and Riverside County. They can provide 3 services to house the homeless IF they have an existing income source and help budget help to determine the rent you can afford based on your monthly income, security deposit assistance, and furniture for your new home.

(657) 215-0853


Veteran Housing

US Vets Inc. - March Air Reserve Base provides housing resources and supportive services to Veterans who qualify.

U.S. Vets 15105 6th Street March Air Reserve Base, CA 92518

Alberto Rivera, Outreach Coordinator (951) 999-9118 or (951) 269-1119

(951) 686-6893 U.S. VETS



Homeless Resources for Veterans


Rental Assistance/Affordable Housing

For a complete and updated list of local income based & affordable housing units in your city please contact your local City Hall.

Housing Authority of the County of Riverside - Vouchers and Affordable Public Housing information. Provides rental assistance 1 time at 5555 Arlington Ave Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

(951) 351-0700



Lutheran Social Services

3772 Taft St 

(951) 689-7847


Catholic Charities - Provides family/community assistance programs, casework, emergency assistance, basic needs, counseling, and immigration programs. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

39429 Los Alamos Rd Suite B Murrieta, CA 92563

(951) 691-8203


Security Deposit/Down Payment Assistance

Off the Streets – Huntington Beach provides security deposit assistance and is a non-profit charity focused on housing the homeless in Orange County and Riverside County California. To be eligible for our services you must be homeless and have a source of monthly income.

(657) 215-0853



The Housing Authority of the County of Riverside is offering a Down Payment Assistance Program (DPAP) to qualified first time home buyers. Qualified moderate income (120% AMI) households can receive down payment assistance as a silent second loan equal to six percent (6%) of the purchase price of the home. Qualified low income (80% AMI) households can receive down payment assistance equal to twenty-five percent (25%) of the purchase price of the home. Assistance shall not exceed $75,000 and is subject to further limitations.

For more information click here.  If you have any questions, contact the Housing Authority staff at (951) 343-5469.


Homes for Heroes Foundation - Help heroes in dire need as it pertains to housing or emergency financial assistance.

Utility Assistance

Edison Care Helpline - Electricity bill assistance

(800) 447-6620



Community Action Partnership of Riverside County (CAP) - Utility assistance and weatherization services to low-income customers in Riverside County.

CAP Riverside: (951) 955-4900

Hemet: (951) 791-3567

Utility Assistance Outreach Clinic Twice a Month - 951-443-1158


Free or low-cost CDBG Home Repair Program 

Inland Valley Habitat for Humanity - Serves qualified low-income homeowners (home or mobile homes are eligible). Eligible repairs focus on health and safety which may include: exterior painting, heating/cooling repairs & installations, roof repairs/replacement, ramp installations, water heater repairs/installations, window repairs, brush removal, fence repairs, and more. To apply contact the Habitat for Humanity Inland Valley


No Cost Weatherization Services

Community Action Weatherization Services - The following are examples of what can be included in weatherizing your home:

  • Sealing drafts and air leaks

  • Improving the efficiency of your heating system

  • Adding insulation

  • Identifying indoor air quality problems

  • Installing other energy-saving devices

  • Low-flow shower heads

  • Hot water heater tank blankets

  • Pipe wrap


Additional Resources & Helpful Information

Steps to Self-Sufficiency - https://www.thezebra.com/insurance-news/5518/guide-how-to-stop-living-out-of-car/

Homeless Bill of Rights -