Adopt-A-Troop Military Care Package Program
Troops LOVE care packages and letters of support from the community! The Valley Resource Center sends numerous care packages to deployed military members the first week of every month for our Adopt-a-Troop program . We have sent over 1,000 pounds of snacks and items this past year and our list continues to grow each month!
Most of the troops we support are from our community and are referred to us by a friend or loved one. If you or your organization would like to help, we need items such as food, instant coffee, and protein powder as well as shipping costs. If you wish to donate items, please see the suggested list below. Please note that many of our units are serving in the Middle East where it gets very hot so please do not donate items that may melt or aerosol cans. Letters of support for our military are always welcome and appreciated as well.
Is your organization interested in Adopting-A-Troop? Contact us to find out how you can adopt an individual person for the duration of their deployment by providing care package items, shipping costs, and letters of support! We have over 50 individuals available to adopt!
Also, contact us for more information about how your organization can join us at a care package event.
You may DROP OFF items for the military care packages with our community partners at any time during their business hours or contact us for local pickup.
Drop Off Locations
You may drop off items for the military care packages with our community partners at any time during their business hours or contact us for local pickup.
City of Lake Elsinore Community Services Department - 130 S Main Street Lake Elsinore, CA 92530 (951) 674-3124 ext. 265
CAL True Value - 26100 Newport Road Suite 134-A Menifee, CA 92584 (951) 301-9968
Benny's Place Sandwiches - 25021 Madison Ave #106, Murrieta, CA 92562 (951) 698-5660
Salon Moselle - 41925 5th St #103, Temecula, CA 92590 (951) 699-5551
Below is a suggested list of items to donate to the Adopt-A-Troop program. Items currently needed include hygiene items, snacks, and other items such as hair gel, shampoo, conditioner, wipes, deodorant (non-aerosol), razors, socks, individual packages of cookies, powdered drink mix, instant coffee, and hair bands. Letters of support and encouragement are always welcome!
We also try to accommodate special requests from our troops. Here is a current list of requested items:
- Flip flop sandals (for showering), socks
- Instant coffee, disposable coffee cups 10-12 oz, purple powerade, LIT pre-workout sour gummy flavor, bang energy drinks, red bull, Mio water enhancer
- Licorice, peanut M&Ms, gummy bears, sour sweet tarts, skittles, Mike and Ike, Charleston Chews & gum
- Lays, pretzels, Pringles, Tostitos Scoops, hot cheetos, takis, Paul Newman salsa, flaming hot lays, cool ranch & hot doritos
- Oatmeal, pop tarts, honeybuns, nature valley bars
- QTips, female razors, foot powder, baby powder
- Cashews, almonds, trail mix, beef jerky (Uncle Mikes), sunflower seeds,
- Air freshener, hand sanitizer
- Bar soap shampoo / body wash, Bump Be Gone, Frizz Be Gone hair gel,
- Tape, packing tape, scotch tape, duct tape, velcro, aluminum foil
- Packs of flour tortillas, boxes of (Barilla?) pasta elbows, bowties
- Lebron James items, Star Wars items
- Wireless earbuds, Magic of the Gathering Cards
- 3'x5' Cotton American Flag, 5'x9' Cotton American Flag
Do you have a loved one serving overseas that can benefit from monthly care packages?
If your active duty military member is currently deployed, we invite you to send them a care package from the Valley Resource Center along with messages of support from the community. The only information we need is the following:
• Military Member's Full Name, Title and Branch
• Complete shipping address
• Photo preferred
• Favorite Foods or Wish Items
• Deployment Start and estimated End Date
• Your Name, City of Residence, and Phone Number
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Backpack Program
The Valley Resource Center provides youth backpacks filled with school supplies to families in need in SW Riverside County. Backpacks and school supplies are needed at this time. Contact us to find out how you can get involved!