The Valley Resource Center is a private, not-for-profit 501c3 agency dedicated to providing local comprehensive resources through philanthropic programs and community organizational outreach to enrich the lives of families, veterans, and seniors in the community.
Our goal is to strengthen communities and improve the quality of life for all members through philanthropic programs, referrals, and community support.
Breakthrough barriers to fulfill our ultimate purpose to improve community relations and assist over-burdened residents while making higher levels of impact.
What We Do:
Valley Resource Center is a free resource connecting people in need to community programs and events in the private and public sector. We offer a proactive approach for self-sustainability for parents, children, veterans, seniors, and members of the community. We provide educational opportunities and workshops to improve quality of life through partnerships with nonprofit, for profit, and social service programs.
Our program focuses on six core services:
Community resource assistance
Strengthening community networks
Assisting local nonprofits
Information and referral services
We uphold these core values in our own work and promote them in the nonprofit sector as a whole. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- Integrity: We are committed to pursuing honorable initiatives.
- Empowerment: We strive to improve community relations and empower every citizen to live a better life.
- Community: We collaborate with nonprofit, governmental, and philanthropic for-profit organizations in the community. We seek to complement the existing resources available in the community rather than duplicate them.
- Innovation and a sense of hope: We believe that we can create a better future through innovation and societal change. This sense of hope leads to creative approaches and new models that work. We seek to nurture the spirit of the community by recognizing and celebrating successes, as well as learning from valuable failures.
- Responsible stewardship: We are committed to careful stewardship of all human, natural, and financial resources. This means we use carefully the time and talents of those working with the Valley Resource Center, we are environmentally responsible, and we spend wisely the funds invested in us.